Definition of euonymus in English:
A shrub or small tree that is widely cultivated for its autumn colors and bright fruit.
- Genus Euonymus, family Celastraceae: numerous species, including the spindle tree
- She also wanted to keep the silver and gold euonymus and yellow jasmine that grow by the front door, and a vigorous Fuchsia ‘Riccartonii’.
- A variegated euonymus stands near the dining pavilion, drawing the eye down towards its pale presence, contrasting with the grey of the slate and brown of the walls.
- Eucalyptus, for example, looks good tied into a bunch with long strands of raffia or tartan ribbon, as does euonymus and cotoneaster.
Definition of euonymus in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.