Definition of euphoriant in English:
(Chiefly of a drug) producing a feeling of euphoria.
- GHB has an intoxicant, sedative or euphoriant effect that begins within 10 to 20 minutes of taking the drug.
- In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study to assess potential abuse in adult patients, Strattera was not associated with a pattern of response that suggested stimulant or euphoriant properties.
- Synthetic GHB, originally used by body builders for its putative anabolic effects, has more recently been abused for its sedative, euphoriant and aphrodisiac effects and as a ‘rave’ and ‘date rape’ drug.
nounBack to top
A euphoriant drug.
- GHB's growing reputation as a euphoriant has contributed to its popularity as a recreational drug.
- Bodybuilders claim GHB helps metabolize fat and build muscle, and persons who attend nightclubs and parties (such as all-night ‘raves’) use it as a euphoriant.
- Why not memory blockers for the former, mood brighteners for the latter, and a good euphoriant - without risks of hangovers or cirrhosis - when celebratory occasions fail to be jolly?
Definition of euphoriant in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India