- An oil extracted from the seeds of the evening primrose. It contains gamma-linolenic acid and is used in complementary and alternative medicine, especially in the treatment of premenstrual syndrome: at night I take evening primrose oil, vitamin E, and St John’s wortMore example sentences
- Many different methods have been used to help these people, such as the use of zinc supplements, copper supplements, nicotinamide, evening primrose oil and others.
- If that doesn't help, try adding 1,000 milligrams of evening primrose oil three times a day.
- After years of treating ourselves to herbal cures such as royal jelly and evening primrose oil, the nation is now under the spell of St John's wort.
More definitions of evening primrose oilDefinition of evening primrose oil in:
- The British & World English dictionary