- An ex-convict; a former inmate of a prison.More example sentences
- But the available data offer little proof that ex-cons who are monitored by parole officers are less likely to commit a fresh crime than those who are not.
- Recidivism - the rate at which ex-cons return to prison within three years of their release - has decreased by about 16 percent during the 1990s.
- In other words, rather than returning to their communities anonymously, ex-cons will come back under a watchful eye.
early 20th century: abbreviation.
More definitions of ex-conDefinition of ex-con in:
- The British & World English dictionary