- A bet in which the first two places in a race must be predicted in the correct order. Compare with quinella.More example sentences
- ‘Win, place, and show, exactas, quinellas, and daily doubles should be $2 prices,’ Gutfreund said.
- The takeout rate will be lowered from 19% to 16% on daily double, exacta, trifecta, superfecta, and pick three wagering.
- Too often, exactas, trifectas, and superfectas are influenced by jockeys who can't win the race and decide to stop riding in the final few strides.
1960s: from American Spanish (quiniela) exacta 'exact (quinella)'.
More definitions of exactaDefinition of exacta in:
- The British & World English dictionary