- An unstable molecule that is formed in an excited state by the combination of two smaller molecules or atoms and rapidly dissociates with emission of radiation. Such species are utilized in some kinds of lasers.More example sentences
- A gas mixture of a gas discharge laser such as an excimer or molecular fluorine laser is stabilized.
- Using various concentrations of dyes and different processing conditions, they could produce almost any combination of monomer and excimer emission.
- The standoff distance between the hydrophone and polystyrene plate was 0.5 mm for the excimer and ruby lasers.
More definitions of excimerDefinition of excimer in:
- The British & World English dictionary