- A mobile concentration of energy in a crystal formed by an excited electron and an associated hole.More example sentences
- As the group intensified optical stimulation during the experiments, though, the number of excitons increased and the electron/electron-hole pairs cancelled each other.
- The injected electrons and holes combine to form excitons, or electron-hole pairs, bound together by their mutual attraction.
- Some of these excitons emit light when they decay to the ground state.
More definitions of excitonDefinition of exciton in:
- The British & World English dictionary