- (Of a file or program) able to be run by a computer.More example sentences
- But because they contain instructions for a computer's processor, executable files are less forgiving of tampering.
- Sophos said users should routinely delete unsolicited emails containing executable files.
- Documents, pictures and even executable programs are easy to conceptualize as files on your hard disk.
nounBack to top
- An executable file or program.More example sentences
- Having identified a PC, the client agent then performs a full audit of the machine, recording everything from the serial number to a complete list of all software executables and file types located on the hard disk.
- There's little legitimate reason to send executables or screensavers via email but these routes of distribution are frequently used by virus writers.
- Business users are advised to filter for Windows executables and zip files in their email.
More definitions of executableDefinition of executable in:
- The British & World English dictionary