Definition of exhaustive in English:
Examining, including, or considering all elements or aspects; fully comprehensive: she has undergone exhaustive tests since becoming ill
More example sentences
- These are only a few examples which are neither comprehensive nor exhaustive.
- The campaign group said it sent the Government an exhaustive memo detailing the allegations in July.
- It also explores in exhaustive detail the way Wilson was out maneuvered at Versailles and how he left a broken man.
- Example sentences
- The international architectural community is bound to profit from the lessons conveyed by this exhibition, which covers with admirable exhaustiveness a subject vitally pertinent to the present day.
- Although advanced as a first, tentative approach, the proposal is presented very systematically, with clear ambitions to generality and exhaustiveness of the field.
- To point out this incompleteness is not to criticize Lyotard: his book is no treatise, no scientific biography; it has no aspiration to exhaustiveness.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan