- The outer layer of the pericarp of a fruit.More example sentences
- The mechanical performance of the exocarp including the cuticle, the epidermis, and a variable number of hypodermal cell layers, is of considerable economic significance for the integrity of the whole fruit.
- The fruit is a one-seeded drupe consisting of a fleshy exocarp and mesocarp and a hard endocarp that is united with the seed coat.
- At maturity, after drying down and the shrinkage of the unthickened exocarp these traces were prominent on the surface of the pod in Apex, giving it the ‘ribbed’ appearance described above.
More definitions of exocarpDefinition of exocarp in:
- The British & World English dictionary