- An enzyme that removes successive nucleotides from the end of a polynucleotide molecule.More example sentences
- Orn was shown by in vitro analysis to be an exonuclease specific for RNA molecules shorter than five nucleotides in length.
- A given exonuclease hydrolyzes DNA at a fixed rate, but there exist a distribution of conformations and a distribution of hydrolysis rates.
- The rapid rise of the first fluorescence maximum puts a strict upper bound on the timescale of magnesium binding to the exonuclease.
More definitions of exonucleaseDefinition of exonuclease in:
- The British & World English dictionary