(also exopod /ˈeksəˌpäd/)
- The outer branch of the biramous limb or appendage of a crustacean. Compare with endopodite, protopodite.More example sentences
- Nevertheless, in spite of these differences the basic biramous division of the limb into exopodite and endopodite was consistently maintained throughout the group.
- The detailed structure of both exopods and endopods varied, both along the trunk of individual trilobites, and among different taxa.
- Our cladistic analysis confirms that the taxa included form a solid clade based on the apomorphic presence of a diaresis on the exopod of the uropod.
More definitions of exopoditeDefinition of exopodite in:
- The British & World English dictionary