- The amount a material expands or contracts per unit length due to a one-degree change in temperature.More example sentences
- They provide resistance to frictional wear, corrosion resistance, nonmagnetic characteristics and, in some alloys, low thermal expansivity at ambient temperatures.
- The local compression created by the electric field can be related to the expansivity modulus, K, by this expression.
- The comparatively high thermal expansivity of aluminium leads to looseness unless the steel has a similar coefficient of expansion.
More definitions of expansivityDefinition of expansivity in:
- The British & World English dictionary