Spoken or done without preparation: an extemporaneous speech
More example sentences
- In the old days, legislators delivered long-winded, convoluted, extemporaneous speeches from the floor.
- When pressed for some favorite locations, Murdoch begins a long litany that is both incredibly informed and casually extemporaneous.
- The manuscript should resemble an extemporaneous speech with short, relatively simple sentences and paragraphs, personal pronouns and occasional colloquialisms.
- Example sentences
- It's pretty common to make this sort of error when one says something extemporaneously; as I've said before, just read some transcripts some time.
- She arrived to an enthusiastic ovation and spoke, as she almost always does, quite extemporaneously.
- I'm going to pose to each of them a question to which they will respond extemporaneously - no PowerPoint presentations, no viewgraphs.
Words that rhyme with extemporaneouscontemporaneous, cutaneous, extraneous, instantaneous, miscellaneous, Pausanias, porcellaneous, simultaneous, spontaneous, subcutaneous
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.