Another term for extemporaneous.
- The format must be manipulated and contrived to prevent anything extemporary or natural from happening on the screen.
- These are contrasted with ideas that are merely ‘arbitrary, rationalistic, or willed’, based on extemporary polemics.
- The judgment says what it says, and we are not going to say anything extemporary which modifies what we have said in the judgment.
- Example sentences
- David was a big man in every way, not only in stature but also in his ability to think broadly and to express his ideas brilliantly and extemporarily.
- This was a point that was made extemporarily by my learned friend.
Late 16th century: from extempore, on the pattern of temporary.
Words that rhyme with extemporarycontemporary, temporary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.