- 1Killing, especially of a whole group of people or animals: the near extermination of the buffalo herdsMore example sentences
- Sachsenhausen was primarily a camp for political opponents of the Nazis, not an extermination camp for the Jews.
- A sufficiently strong lure would draw bands over many miles to a central location for easy en masse extermination.
- In Whitewash, Reynolds does not defend his views about either genocide or extermination.
- 1.1Complete destruction.More example sentences
- Only the timely arrival of some Peigans prevented the complete extermination of the camp.
- In the final two chapters, Koplow makes his final case against the extermination of the remaining smallpox stockpiles.
- Pacification was the CIA's reader-friendly word for its extermination of civilian opposition to the US war machine in South Vietnam.