- A sensory receptor that receives external stimuli. Compare with interoceptor.More example sentences
- Various types of receptors convey specific types of stimuli, including exteroceptors, interoceptors, proprioceptors, or chemoceptors.
- Thus, the agent 1 is conditioned to associate the exteroceptor, such as the sound of crying, with a particular type of interoceptor, such as the experience of hunger.
- Our results relating to exteroceptor and a variety of interceptor neurons in the brain and spinal cord are presented.
More definitions of exteroceptorDefinition of exteroceptor in:
- The British & World English dictionary