adjectiveAnatomy & Medicine
- Relating to or denoting nerves concerned with motor activity that descend from the cortex to the spine and are not part of the pyramidal system: extrapyramidal symptomsMore example sentences
- Common side effects of antipsychotics include sedation, anticholinergic effects, orthostatic hypotension, extrapyramidal symptoms and tardive dyskinesia.
- In the elderly, antipsychotic medications can cause serious side effects, such as extrapyramidal symptoms and tardive dyskinesia.
- These agents also have safety issues, particularly those of acute extrapyramidal symptoms, tardive dyskinesia, and neuroleptic malignant syndrome.
More definitions of extrapyramidalDefinition of extrapyramidal in:
- The British & World English dictionary