- In a 3-meter-by - 3-meter pond, there was a blackish-greenish liquid exuding a foul smell.
- Above them is a large incense container that has been slowly swinging on a chain and exudes a pungent smell that lingers for the duration.
- Under these conditions three of the transformants grew slowly and were observed to guttate, i.e. to exude droplets of liquid at the leaf margins.
- A earthy, musky smell exuded from the forest that now surrounded him.
- She shot out an arm and closed her eyes as white power exuded from her fingers - a pleasure-pain she had almost forgotten.
- Warm tea exudes slowly from the glass into the chicken, adding fragrance to the chicken.
- The male singer and guitar player exude emotion.
- Niamh has a voice of undisputed international quality and she also exudes charismatic quality, which guarantees a vibrant live performance.
- It might have been different with any other player but he just exudes confidence.
- With its cool black and beige colours, the place exudes a relaxing atmosphere.
- Meditative and soft, his blurred landscapes exude a sense of atmosphere.
- It's hard to describe, but the place just exudes corporate creepiness.
- Example sentences
- They are curious why the body and its exudations are denied to them as a map, why if men write about the body they are extolled, why when women write sex they are accused of being obscene.
- The clinical manifestations of hypertensive encephalopathy are due to increased cerebral perfusion from the loss of blood-brain barrier integrity, resulting in exudation of fluid into the brain.
- They may be recruited by injury to the epithelium and their elastases are potent mucin secretagogues that can facilitate plasma exudation.
- Example sentences
- In the exudative form, fluid can accumulate underneath the retina, as pigment epithelial detachments or subretinal neovascularization, and loss of vision is usually sudden.
- We previously reported multilevel likelihood ratios with the use of multiple cutoff points for pleural criteria that identify exudative pleural effusions from the registry in 2000 when it contained 1,448 patients.
- The progression of the wound normally follows 1 of 2 pathways: exudative filmy eschar to epithelial buds from skin appendages to re-epithelization, or filmy eschar followed by granulation.
Late 16th century: from Latin exsudare, from ex- 'out' + sudare 'to sweat'.
The word exude ‘discharge’ is from Latin exsudare, from ex- ‘out’ and sudare ‘to sweat’.
Words that rhyme with exudeallude, brood, collude, conclude, crude, delude, dude, elude, étude, exclude, extrude, feud, food, illude, include, intrude, Jude, lewd, mood, nude, obtrude, occlude, Oudh, preclude, protrude, prude, pseud, pultrude, rood, rude, seclude, shrewd, snood, transude, unglued, unsubdued, who'd, you'd
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.