Definition of eyebright in English:
A small plant of the figwort family with little snapdragonlike flowers. Found in dry fields and along roadsides, it was formerly used as a remedy for eye problems.
- Genus Euphrasia, family Scrophulariaceae: several species, in particular the European E. officinalis and the North American E. americana
- If you suffer from hay fever, the herb eyebright is a ‘phenomenal ‘solution, Winston says.’
- The herb eyebright is a good solution; its astringent and anti-inflammatory properties will soothe your tired eyes.
- For runny eyes and to dry the sinuses, eyebright (euphrasia officinalis) is used.
Definition of eyebright in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.