Definition of eyeglass in English:
1A single lens for correcting or assisting defective eyesight, especially a monocle.
- If my wife can have one contact, why can't we have one eyeglass?
- We manufacture bespoke custom handmade eyeglass frames, spectacle frames and sunglasses in house at our own eye glasses frame making factory.
1.1 (eyeglasses) North American another term for glasses.
- You can easily correct the condition with eyeglasses or contact lenses.
- You can easily correct this condition with eyeglasses or contact lenses.
- In some cases, the problem can be corrected by wearing eyeglasses or contact lenses.
1.2 another term for eyepiece.
- Means are provided for preventing rotation of the eyeglass lenses when the microscope's binocular tubes are adjusted for the user's interpupillary distance.
- A surgeon may utilize a microscope eyeglass assembly in order for him to achieve a desired magnification of the operating area.
Definition of eyeglass in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan