- 1Cleansing solution for a person’s eye.More example sentences
- Lillie Tilley, who lives half a block from the fence line, gets eyewash by the boxful at the local dollar store.
- The publisher of the Miami Herald, visiting New York, hands out eyewash and alcohol swabs, unloads trash bins, refills a huge coffee urn.
- To make your own eyewash, simply dilute five drops of a tincture of goldenseal, an antibacterial herb, in warm water.
- 2 • informal Insincere talk; nonsense: their rhetoric about reducing intrusive federal rules is so much eyewashMore example sentences
- They assumed that this inquiry would be an eyewash and they would be let go scot free.
- Ardent bikers feel that all the action in the two-wheeler market is only an eyewash.
- In the past 18 years, there have been as many commissions, each one of them an eyewash.
More definitions of eyewashDefinition of eyewash in:
- The British & World English dictionary