- Denoting a crystal structure in which there is an atom at each vertex and at the center of each face of the unit cell. Compare with body-centered.More example sentences
- Pure nickel is ductile and tough because it possesses a face-centered cube crystal structure up to its melting point.
- These so-called face-centered cubic close-packed structures are common in metals such as aluminum, rhodium, iridium, copper, silver, and gold.
- Between 417°C and its melting point of 1493°C, cobalt has a face-centered cubic structure.
More definitions of face-centeredDefinition of face-centered in:
- The British & World English dictionary