Definition of fact-check in English:
Investigate (an issue) in order to verify the facts: I didn’t fact-check the assertions in the editorial reporters can’t be expected to fact-check every quotation
More example sentences
- Are the media fact-checking both candidates with equal fervor?
- Are they a powerful mechanism for fact-checking the mainstream media or a new form of vigilante justice?
- Members of the new media dove in and began fact-checking the accusations, leading to yet more questions and contradictions.
fact checker noun
- Example sentences
- The New Yorker is reportedly filled to the brim with fact checkers, whose sole job is to verify every single fact in a story, however trivial.
- Maybe you need a fact checker to check your work?
- He's the new fact checker for the New York Times.
Definition of fact-check in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan