Definition of fact-check in English:
Investigate (an issue) in order to verify the facts: I didn’t fact-check the assertions in the editorial reporters can’t be expected to fact-check every quotation
More example sentences
- Are the media fact-checking both candidates with equal fervor?
- Are they a powerful mechanism for fact-checking the mainstream media or a new form of vigilante justice?
- Members of the new media dove in and began fact-checking the accusations, leading to yet more questions and contradictions.
fact checker noun
- Example sentences
- The New Yorker is reportedly filled to the brim with fact checkers, whose sole job is to verify every single fact in a story, however trivial.
- Maybe you need a fact checker to check your work?
- He's the new fact checker for the New York Times.
Definition of fact-check in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.