- A method of protecting computer systems from failure, in which standby equipment automatically takes over when the main system fails.More example sentences
- If the primary server crashes, then the high availability operating system running failover software will reschedule its task to the standby server.
- The servers can be arranged behind $50,000 load-balancing and failover systems to swap out servers automatically upon failure.
- For users who like to stay current with operating system releases, this means testing of path failover software may unknowingly take place onsite rather than in the vendor's lab.
More definitions of failoverDefinition of failover in:
- The British & World English dictionary