- 1Trade in which fair prices are paid to producers in developing countries.More example sentences
- As Third World fair trade producers compete with one another for these markets, prices may be driven down.
- There's a real need to push much further, most importantly on fair trade, to enable developing countries to actually develop and become independent of aid.
- He said buying fair trade products is a ‘simple and straightforward’ way for consumers to help producers in less developed countries.
More definitions of fair tradeDefinition of fair trade in:
- The British & World English dictionary