- (In US copyright law) the doctrine that brief excerpts of copyright material may, under certain circumstances, be quoted verbatim for purposes such as criticism, news reporting, teaching, and research, without the need for permission from or payment to the copyright holder.More example sentences
- The music industry considers such file-sharing to be in violation of copyright and fair use laws.
- The copyright law concept of fair use is often used as a justification for access.
- Some lawyers claim that fair use is merely a defense to a claim of copyright infringement.
More definitions of fair useDefinition of fair use in:
- The British & World English dictionary