Definition of faith healing in English:
Healing achieved by religious belief and prayer, rather than by medical treatment.
- When an alleged cure by faith healing occurs in a religious context it is usually called a miracle.
- A couple of sections are dedicated to folk remedies and faith healing.
- Articles on feng shui, crystal therapy, iridology, colonic irrigation, herbalism and faith healing sweep the media every week.
- Example sentences
- It is therefore forbidden to resort to any idolatrous faith healer or shrine, even when one is dangerously ill and a psychological cure may be effected.
- And of course then they will go to different extremes than we would, they may go to a shaman, they may go to a faith healer looking for a way through this and to resolve the issue.
- The male lead character starts off as an angry man, in a marriage that is no longer working, but he undergoes a spiritual conversion after meeting a faith healer.
Definition of faith healing in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.