Definition of falcated teal in English:
A small duck that is native to China and northeastern Asia.
- Anas falcata, family Anatidae
- On the other hand, it could be something rare like a garganey, falcated teal or an emperor goose.
- During winter major population of Falcated Teals migrates towards Japan, Korea and China. It furthers extends as far South as Central Vietnam to Burma.
- Falcated Teals are hardy birds and bread fairly easily in captivity. They are primarily aquatic feeders, but do occasionally dive for food.
Early 18th century: named from the long sickle-shaped inner secondary feathers of the male.
Definition of falcated teal in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.