adjectiveAnatomy & Zoology
- Curved like a sickle; hooked: the falciform ligamentMore example sentences
- The upper left quadrant is filled with the right lobe of the liver and the gallbladder, and the falciform ligament and ligamentum teres (‘obliterated’ umbilical vein) can be seen.
- Diagnostic laparoscopy was performed, which revealed dilated veins in the omentum and falciform ligament, a nodular liver, and a mass in the right lower quadrant.
- On the right side, the section passes through the right lobe of the liver, the caudate lobe, and the falciform ligament.
mid 18th century: from Latin falx, falc- 'sickle' + -iform.
More definitions of falciformDefinition of falciform in:
- The British & World English dictionary