- 1 • historical A light cannon.[ mid 16th century: from Italian falconetto, diminutive of falcone 'falcon', from Latin falco (see falcon)]More example sentences
- The falconets and rockets have the same damage against infrantry...Why use factories to produce rockets if the falconets do the same damage?
- When your army is in battle and that army includes falconets, be sure to have your falconets firing on the enemy infantry at all times.
- 2A very small South Asian (or South American) falcon, typically having bold black-and-white plumage.
More example sentences
- Genus Microhierax (and Spiziapteryx), family Falconidae: six species
- Falconidae contains 11 genera and 64 species, and is divided into two subfamilies, Polyborinae (caracaras and forest-falcons) and Falconinae (true falcons and falconets).
- The only confirmed predators of treeswifts are Asian falconets, although there are almost certainly additional predators (snakes, for example, are likely predators).
- Until you spot a long-limbed, regal caracara or a cute, little falconet, you haven't met the whole Falconidae family.
More definitions of falconetDefinition of falconet in:
- The British & World English dictionary