- A Eurasian deer with branched palmate antlers, typically having a white-spotted reddish-brown coat in summer.
More example sentences
- Cervus dama, family Cervidae
- Britain's deer population is made up of six different species, native types such as the red deer and roe deer, as well as species which have been introduced sika, muntjac, Chinese water deer and the fallow deer.
- The new deer family tree suggests that fallow deer split from giant deer between four and five million years ago, becoming smaller and sleeker over time.
- Half a mile to the north, a scattered herd of fallow deer nosed at the snow-covered roots of wide-spaced, scraggly trees sprouting from the rubble of an ancient landslide.
More definitions of fallow deerDefinition of fallow deer in:
- The British & World English dictionary