- An unusual or amusing costume worn to make someone look like a famous person, fictional character, or an animal, especially as part of a theme at a party.More example sentences
- Then of course there is the famous fancy-dress competition in which everyone who has arrived in costume is invited onto the stage to show off.
- The costume party is formatted as a multi-venue themed fancy-dress art party and is attended by 8000 thousand partygoers - who arrive in teams in matching costumes - somehow related to the theme.
- They talk of going to future fancy-dress parties and of the costumes worn there.
More definitions of fancy dressDefinition of fancy dress in:
- The British & World English dictionary