- The SI unit of electrical capacitance, equal to the capacitance of a capacitor in which one coulomb of charge causes a potential difference of one volt.More example sentences
- If it takes something the size of a can of tuna to hold a farad, then 10,080 farads is going to take up a LOT more space than a single AA battery!
- This was a conference bringing together mostly physicists involved with making very precise measurements of quantities like mass, time, frequency, resistance, capacitance (farads) etc.
- One farad is the SI unit to measure capacitance of electricity (the capability of a body or device to store an electric charge).
mid 19th century: shortening of faraday. The term was originally proposed as a unit of electrical charge.
More definitions of faradDefinition of farad in:
- The British & World English dictionary