- 1Distant in space or time: exotic and faraway locationsMore example sentences
- He hears of men going to wars, but it is always a distant thing in a faraway place for him.
- While working full-time at the BBC, I spent about four years flying to quite faraway places to film on location.
- Golf is a game of wide open spaces and, increasingly, faraway places.
- 1.1Seeming remote from the immediate surroundings; dreamy: she had a strange faraway look in her eyesMore example sentences
- The majority of dancers, in an attempt to obscure the reality, push this theme to some faraway corner of the brain.
- Perhaps he spoke to me, perhaps not, everything sounded distant and faraway.
- Jim stared at it a long moment, his eyes taking on a faraway, distant look.