- 1North American Unable to see things clearly, especially if they are relatively close to the eyes, owing to the focusing of rays of light by the eye at a point behind the retina; hyperopic.More example sentences
- You might choose LASIK if you're nearsighted or farsighted, with or without astigmatism.
- Eyes that are anteriorly or posteriorly shorter than the normal eye size with too little refractive power are hyperopic, or farsighted.
- Both nearsighted and farsighted people can have astigmatism.
- 1.2Having imagination or foresight: a farsighted businessmanMore example sentences
- So it is encouraging to report that one farsighted businessman is looking to use the river to alleviate traffic problems during this summer's Royal Ascot horseracing festival.
- It would have been so much better if it took its epic notions and truly expanded them into a farsighted, imaginative exploration of emotion in society.
- More example sentences
- These changes are perfect examples of the far-sightedness of our Founding Fathers, and evidence of the adaptability and flexibility of our Constitution.
- This guy's far-sightedness reaches beyond that time scale.
- In a further example of far-sightedness, the scheme has been extended to take in people arrested for non-drug offences.