(also furthermost /ˈfər-/)
- (Of an edge or extreme) at the greatest distance from a central point or implicit standpoint: the pitch broke sharply over the farthermost part of the strike zoneMore example sentences
- I cannot rest until I am alone in the farthermost edge, wedge, ledge of the shop, great or small, lying along the skirting board, legs propped, reading.
- He led them to the furthermost edge of the room - before them stretched five doors, each inscribed with their names; they looked at one another with tired, surprised eyes, but they didn't try and discover any more.
- In my room he was curled into the farthermost corner with his knees brought up to his chest.
More definitions of farthermostDefinition of farthermost in:
- The British & World English dictionary