Definition of fashionista in English:
1A designer of haute couture.
- Color experts, interior designers and fashionistas all agree: right now, red is red hot in everything from home decor to evening wear to iMacs.
- They were among hairdressing's first superstar stylists, fashionistas before the term was even invented.
- And they recently signed the hot fashionista to design new lines of sport clothing.
2A devoted follower of fashion: sleek designs that press all the fashionistas' buttons
More example sentences
- The fashion trend setter boldly goes where other fashionistas have yet to follow.
- Some young fashionistas shrug off such concerns, however.
- The latter show was held outside, opposite the Natural History Museum much to the delight of fashionistas and hundreds of children queueing up to see the dinosaurs.
1990s: from fashion + Spanish suffix -ista, as in Sandinista, turista.
Definition of fashionista in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan