- The initial drug treatment, while rescuing me from a frankly rather parlous state, was necessarily hard and harsh, smacking in the pills fast and furious to treat everything that might conceivably be wrong.
- The book was actually written by a ghost writer who's used to pumping out the words fast and furious, and published by a firm that specialises in topical interest books, so the whole process had to be quick.
- Out in the back the prunus trees have dropped the last of their blossoms and are now growing leaves fast and furious.
Full of rapid action; lively and exciting: the game was fast and furious
More example sentences
- The cognitive world we live in is fast and furious and full of transport and unknown noise and probably very challenging to many people.
- The second half was full of fast and furious play, and when the full-time whistle was blown, the Sri Lanka Army had proved to be too strong for the Panthers, winning by a final score of 28 to 21.
- It will be fast and furious stuff, and full of passion, but everything must come to an end sooner or later.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: fast and fu·ri·ous
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.