- A swift attack from a defensive position in basketball, soccer, and other ball games: a defense that shut off our fast break altogether [as modifier]: there are no fast-break basketsMore example sentences
- Otherwise, they will take so long getting into position that a fast break is impossible.
- The theory proposed here is not to race the ball upcourt looking for a fast break basket.
- They were able to get easy baskets on the fast break with regularity.
verb(fast-break) [no object] Back to top
- Make a swift attack from a defensive position in certain ball games: fast-breaking relentlessly is harder than playing a control gameMore example sentences
- New Jersey was fast breaking all over them at the beginning of the game; dunks and uncontested layups all over the place.
- Often, if the other team is fast breaking, a player will need to defend the ball even if its not her man.
- The second half continued much the same as the first with his dominating the game and fast breaking down the court at every opportunity.
More definitions of fast breakDefinition of fast break in:
- The British & World English dictionary