- 1A lane of a highway for use by traffic that is moving faster than the rest.More example sentences
- Speeding should be left on the race track not the local high housing estate or the fast lane of the motorway.
- If there is someone slower than you already overtaking in the middle lane you move into the fast lane.
- One morning I saw a guy galloping down the fast lane of the motorway on a horse!
- 1.1A situation in which life is hectic or highly pressured: his face showed the strain of a life lived in the fast lane [as modifier]: a youth culture of fast-lane livingMore example sentences
- Instant noodles can be found in the kitchen cupboard of most families, especially those who live in the fast lane, because they are quick and easy to prepare.
- But, as he readily admits, he spent a lot more time living in the fast lane off the court than playing in it on the court.
More definitions of fast laneDefinition of fast lane in:
- The British & World English dictionary