- A nuclear reactor in which fission is caused mainly by fast neutrons.More example sentences
- For such a leap, the country needs ‘accelerated systems’ or fast reactors which utilise thorium.
- In fact it is proposed to turn it into more fuel which could power fast reactors for 1000 years.
- The waste consists of 44 tonnes of ‘breeder’ fuel that was wrapped around the core of the Dounreay fast reactor, a prototype which was shut down in 1977.
More definitions of fast reactorDefinition of fast reactor in:
- The British & World English dictionary