Definition of fat finger in English:
Used to refer to clumsy or inaccurate typing, typically resulting from one finger striking two keys at the same time: the programming problem turned out to be a case of fat finger [as modifier]: his texts are full of fat-finger mistakes
More example sentences
- Some reports claim the culprit was a fat finger on a computer somewhere that pressed the wrong key.
- Meanwhile, have they found out yet who has the fat finger on Wall Street?
- But state and federal regulators say he and his son are two of the latest consumers to fall prey to a trick known as "fat finger dialing."
verb[with object] (fat-finger) Back to top
- Example sentences
- It was just one digit removed from Pizza Hut, a digit fat-fingered dialers found with unnerving precision on a Friday night.
- Talk to me about, was it the uncertainty as to what the EU would do that led to the big sell-off last Thursday and all this talk of fat-fingered trading?
- Even small, fat-fingered typing mistakes cause regret.
Definition of fat finger in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.