informal , humorous
Definition of fat finger in English:
Used to refer to clumsy or inaccurate typing, typically resulting from one finger striking two keys at the same time: the programming problem turned out to be a case of fat finger [as modifier]: his texts are full of fat-finger mistakes
More example sentences
- Due to a fat-finger error on my part, the comments for several posts back were deleted a few minutes ago.
- The company has sued rivals for allegedly stealing calls from toll-free operators through what is called a "fat-finger dialing" scheme.
- The TSE said the so-called "fat finger" mistake had had little impact on the market.
verb[with object] (fat-finger) Back to top
- Example sentences
- The official explanation was that it was a fat-fingered trade, caused by someone inputting the wrong data on stock orders.
- Initially, strategists speculated that a fat-fingered trader could be to blame for the early tumble, saying it appeared to have been a blip caused by a mistaken trade, possibly by someone typing in the wrong price.
- Even small, fat-fingered typing mistakes cause regret.
Definition of fat finger in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan