• informal , • humorous
- Used to refer to clumsy or inaccurate typing, typically resulting from one finger striking two keys at the same time: the programming problem turned out to be a case of fat finger [as modifier]: his texts are full of fat-finger mistakesMore example sentences
- Due to a fat-finger error on my part, the comments for several posts back were deleted a few minutes ago.
- The company has sued rivals for allegedly stealing calls from toll-free operators through what is called a "fat-finger dialing" scheme.
- The TSE said the so-called "fat finger" mistake had had little impact on the market.
verb[with object] (fat-finger) Back to top
- More example sentences
- The official explanation was that it was a fat-fingered trade, caused by someone inputting the wrong data on stock orders.
- Initially, strategists speculated that a fat-fingered trader could be to blame for the early tumble, saying it appeared to have been a blip caused by a mistaken trade, possibly by someone typing in the wrong price.
- Even small, fat-fingered typing mistakes cause regret.
More definitions of fat fingerDefinition of fat finger in:
- The British & World English dictionary