- A tax on foods or drinks considered unhealthy and whose consumption is believed to be linked to rising rates of obesity: critics say a fat tax would hit the poor hardest because they spend 30 per cent of their income on foodMore example sentences
- But it would be a mistake to drop his "fat tax" on soda liquid candy, as health advocates call it.
- But opponents are calling it a fat tax.
- It is expected to pour cold water on Downing Street plans to subsidise gym membership and impose a 'fat tax' on unhealthy foods.
More definitions of fat taxDefinition of fat tax in:
- The British & World English dictionary