Definition of fatherly in English:
Of, resembling, or characteristic of a father, especially in being protective and affectionate: he gave me such a kind and fatherly look
More example sentences
- This is commendable because the children will continue to have fatherly care, protection and support.
- Paul was taken aback by the fatherly protective instincts that seemed to well up from deep inside him.
- He's being fatherly and affectionate, and I can tell she's soaking it up, so I won't join them.
- Example sentences
- It held the friendly fatherliness, the smooth steel of command.
- These were not her people, and she was far from home, and no amount of fatherliness or motherliness could make it so.
- As I was mulling over the fatherliness of the butler's smile, Sara had given a low throaty laugh, stepped up to Dayne, laced her red talons through his blond hair, and pressed her lips on his.
Words that rhyme with fatherlygrandfatherly • weatherly
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.