- 1In an anxious manner; apprehensively: he glanced over his shoulder fearfullyMore example sentences
- In the village were only scared-looking women standing in small groups, glancing fearfully around.
- A gaggle of ibis roosting in a nearby tree hooted fearfully.
- They don't step up to a long first putt thinking fearfully of a possible three-putt.
- 2 [as submodifier] Dreadfully; extremely: she was fearfully worried for the welfare of her familyMore example sentences
- Fielding had a fearfully difficult time in his youth trying to work out what girls wanted.
- The online version of a gallery show, it has some fearfully vicious images - check out particularly the caricatures.
- He does not sound at all handsome, and he is fearfully old.