noun (plural fees simple)Law
- A permanent and absolute tenure of an estate in land with freedom to dispose of it at will, especially (in full fee simple absolute) a freehold tenure, which is the main type of land ownership.More example sentences
- One of the things that happens when you get a fee simple is that you can dispose of a fee simple.
- We are in furious agreement that it is a full fee simple, but what price would it fetch on the open market and what terms must one attribute to the hypothetical sale?
- An estate in property includes a freehold estate (a fee simple or life estate) and a leasehold estate.
More definitions of fee simpleDefinition of fee simple in:
- The British & World English dictionary