- Congratulate: the award winner was felicitated by the cultural associationMore example sentences
- Also on display on one side of the exhibition hall are photographs of winners who were felicitated at a public reception held for them on Monday afternoon before the awards were presented to them formally in the evening.
- The winners were felicitated and given the awards by the state minister, in the presence of the great veteran cinema actor and a group of artists.
- He was honoured and felicitated by them in 1999 and by the English Churches.
early 17th century (in the sense 'regard as or pronounce happy or fortunate'): from late Latin felicitat- 'made happy', from the verb felicitare, from Latin felix, felic- 'happy'.
More definitions of felicitateDefinition of felicitate in:
- The British & World English dictionary