adjectiveBotany & Zoology
- Having small windowlike perforations or transparent areas.More example sentences
- In the present study, we examine and contrast the meshwork geometries of colonies of the biserial fenestellid bryozoans with colonies of the uniserial fenestrate graptolite Dictyonema.
- Unlike fenestrate bryozoans, in fenestrate graptolites there is only one row of autozooids per branch.
- However, comparison of these extant hemichordates with the erect, fenestrate colonies of Dictyonema is problematical.
mid 19th century: from Latin fenestratus 'provided with openings', from the verb fenestrare.
More definitions of fenestrateDefinition of fenestrate in:
- The British & World English dictionary