- A fast-acting narcotic analgesic and sedative that is sometimes abused for its heroinlike effect.More example sentences
- Naloxone and flumazenil effectively terminate the effects of fentanyl and midazolam, respectively.
- While waiting for obstetric and anesthesia backup, the clinician administered fentanyl, midazolam and cefotetan.
- In some centers, no sedation is used; in others, benzodiazepines, such as midazolam or diazepam, are used for sedation, sometimes in conjunction with a narcotic, such as fentanyl.
More definitions of fentanylDefinition of fentanyl in:
- The British & World English dictionary